Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Tulip Greetings

Mornin' y'all, how's your Wednesday treating you?  I haven't been sleeping well this week so I've got the first of what is sure to be several cups of tea sitting next to me, hopefully that will help me wake up.

In the meantime, I have a tranquil little card today.


I pulled out some retired stamps for this card; I just really wanted to do tulips after seeing the inspo pic at The Card Concept:


I suppose my card is a clean-and-layered style, I think the patterned paper bumps it out of CAS territory.  I know we have a tulip stamp set in the current catalog, but I wanted something softer and more watercolor-y for my card and using an older retired set dovetails nicely with the Retro Rubber Challenge:


I used Very Vanilla (cream), Petal Pink and Flirty Flamingo (pinks), and Soft Sea Foam (green).  I was going for a very light and dreamy color palette and I forgot that my Soft Sea Foam got inked up recently, so it came out a lot darker than I was expecting for the stems.  I added a bit of shading with a blending brush.  Anyway, my first Tranquil Tulips card was posted on here in August of 2017, so that stamp set is at least five and a half years old; Sunny Sentiments is younger at about a year old.  The basket weave pattern is in the Regency Park DSP stack; I didn't get any of the coordinating stamp bundles but I do like that paper!

Okay, I'm off to do the things before the caffeine wears off and I want to take a nap.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tranquil Tulips, Sunny Sentiments
Ink:  Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Soft Sea Foam, Very Vanilla, Regency Park DSP Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Milky Dots

5 comments:

Heather said...

Just beautiful, Christy - Tranquil Tulips (retired in 2018!) is my all-time favorite tulip set - I love the way the petals layer! Your color choices are perfect - I think the darker Soft Sea Foam is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Very pretty card Christie! - the weave dsp back ground is great :) I always loved these tulips, and the blending adds lots of interest. Great black sentiment!

LeeAnn McKinney said...

Such a pretty card, love the way you layered the tulip bulbs. Thank you for playing at Retro Rubber.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I spied you in the gallery and chuckled as I too went with old stamps for my tulips - they are the best! I totally forgot about this set though, and I have it somewhere ... I love the paper you framed with too - I though it was the new embossing folder until I read your post - so realistic! Anyways, I love those dreamy pink tulips!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I am in love with this pretty card! It is so sweet!
Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept Challenge!
Hugs!Mackie