Friday, February 10, 2023

Just Wanted to Say...

Mornin' folks!  Ryan is feeling better today, but since it's less than 24 hours since his fever broke we kept him home again today.  He's going through a lot of Kleenex but otherwise seems to be bouncing back just fine.  However, since he's home, it took me longer than I expected to make a card for today; in the end I made a deal with him that I could finish my card and then he and I would make one together.  So here's mine:


The inside says "I love you".  This is a variation on the first two cards I made for yesterday's post that didn't seem CAS enough for one of the challenges.  So here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used Sweet Sorbet and Petal Pink, and even though it doesn't look like it in the picture of my card, I promise the sequins are gold.  It was a challenge to take pictures of cards today.

As soon as I finished that one, Ryan pounced and said we had to make a card for his dad whose birthday is coming up next week (and Ryan's is the day after).  So here's what we made:


He did most of the stamping (I just did the beaks on both birds and the foot on the Fresh Freesia penguin on the left) and chose all the colors, I helped him use the penguin punch and the heart punch, and he stuck everything down himself.


Working hard on his creation.


Ta-daaahh!  After I took this picture, he dictated the message for the inside and we both signed it.  And then he drew some fireworks on the front, too.  Now he's eating lunch and watching a cartoon so maybe I can run upstairs and make a card for next week's SUO Challenges...

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU! (first card)
Stamps:  Country Bouquet
Ink:  Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Country Floral Lane DSP, Country Gingham DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Basic Borders dies, Country Bouquet punch, Dimensionals, gold sequins

Supplies, all SU! (penguin card)
Stamps:  Penguin Place
Ink:  Pacific Point, Fresh Freesia, Sweet Sorbet, Mango Melody
Paper:  Pacific Point, Thick Basic White, Country Gingham DSP
Accessories:  Penguin punch, Sweetheart punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentines! And I also adore the card your son made - adorable! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a great set of cards! I love the Valentine! The heart paper is so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love seeing your creative partner working away on his fabulous card! The layers of colors and hearts for the first one are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! Love Ryan’s card too! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Lori said...

Great mix of patterns! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!