Saturday, February 4, 2023

Bold Bright Birthday

Hey y'all, surprise post for today because I made a card this morning that I just had to share and I want to make sure I get it in before challenges close : )  Here it is:


I started with the Inspired By... challenge:


And the sketch to go with it:


Those two things together made me think of the How Sweet It Is DSP from a few years ago, I remembered that bold pink and turquoise stripe pattern and I added the yellow just because it felt like my card needed another color.  This also counts for the Just Add Ink challenge:


Technically I suppose I used all three : )  If you look closely at the candles, you'll notice that apparently they're wizarding candles because they float just slightly above the cake.  It happens.

Ryan and I went out running errands today to prep for his birthday party next Saturday and can I just say this is STRESSFUL.  I'm going to not do anything else useful for the rest of the day, I'm out of energy for anything.  Peace out, y'all.

Supplies, all SU! (many retired)
Stamps:  Piece of Cake
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Pineapple Punch, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White, How Sweet It Is DSP, Pineapple Punch DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots

4 comments:

Fiona Bradley said...

Beautiful bright and celebratory card. Love the dominance of yellow. Fiona, Just Add Ink

~amy~ said...

Awesome card, great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

KimB said...

Bold and bright this is perfect to celebrate a birthday Christy! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Laurel said...

Fabulous card! I like how you incorporated the sketch and your colors!