Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Anniversary Extraordinaire

Mornin' y'all!  My work schedule is a bit wonky this week so the hubs is taking Ryan to daycare in the morning, and that means I had time yesterday to make an anniversary card for him!  (The hubs, not the kid.)  So here's what I made for our 18th anniversary yesterday:


Have you ever heard of a golden birthday?  Where the date matches how old you are, so like when you turn 15 years old on the 15th of the month?  Well, that would make this year our golden anniversary--18 years on October 18th.  So my brain wanted to use gold on the card, and I really liked the Sunday Stamps sketch:


I thought of fall leaves for the circle elements, but I decided on green because our marriage is still growing and thriving :)  Plus we met when we were in college at Baylor University, and their colors are green and gold, so there you go.  I used Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent for my greens.

Have a great day, friends!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Succulents
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, In Color DSP, Gold Foil
Accessories:  Gold EP, Potted Succulents dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Intricate Leaves dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love this - and I'm sure he will, too! Great contrast and coordination of colors, and I always love leafy silhouettes! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Tanya said...

Happy anniversary! This is such a great card, love the bits of gold! :)

Annette Elliott said...

A great take for a Fall anniversary for your hubby. Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps and happy Anniversary!