Monday, October 25, 2021

Leaf Peeping, Part 1

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  We had a nice weekend here with some really beautiful weather yesterday, so we went out for a family bike ride which unfortunately ended with a crash for Ryan.  No major injuries but it did make us go back home and feed Ryan popsicles because he hit his mouth pretty good.  Glad he was wearing a helmet!

Anyway, today I have a couple of layouts to share that I just LOVE.  We've got the pretty fall colors happening here in Germany right now and they're also happening all over this layout.


This was from our trip up to New England in 2016, when I was pregnant with Ryan.  These pics are from a state park in Massachusetts and we took so many pictures that I loved that I had to do several layouts.


I love the long-retired Orchard Harvest DSP which is good because I bought several packs of it when it went on the clearance rack.  I stuck to the color palette from the DSP for all my layouts (this is just part 1, more coming next Monday) and just changed around which of the patterns I used.  I used Wonderfall for the leaf accents, which is a fabulous leaf stamp set.  There's a coordinating die for it, but this was back in the day before there were the wafer-thin dies for everything that you can see exactly where it's cutting; the die is a big solid block which means it's impossible to cut out stamped images accurately, and it's a PAIN to stamp on already-cut images so I fussy-cut all the leaves on my pages.  Worth it!


There's the Orchard Harvest palette:  Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla.  I miss Island Indigo.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Calendar Alphabet, Wonderfall
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: