Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Apple Pie

Not last weekend but the one before, we went apple picking (ignoring the fact that we have TWO apple trees in our own yard).  I have since made apple cinnamon bread, apple pie, and apple crumb cake, and we *still* have a giant bag of apples on the counter!  Next up I think I'll try brown butter apple blondies, and maybe homemade applesauce.  I'll probably still have apples left to experiment with.


Apples have also invaded my craft room and I'm not mad at it.  Loved the inspo list for the current Festive Friday challenge:


I used apples (obviously), red, green, circles if you count the rhinestones, baking, and that DSP reminds me of basket weave.  Or a woven lattice pie crust.  The teeny apples on the background are from the long-retired One Smart Cookie stamp set, but I wanted to make it obvious that this is an APPLE pie, which is my hubs' favorite.  Oh, I also printed out a recipe for apple cranberry pie (I've made cranberry apple almond pie before and it is AMAZEBALLS but I don't think I can find the almond paste here).  I've never made pie crust from scratch before, but I think this might be the year to try it.

What's your favorite apple recipe?

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweets & Treats, One Smart Cookie
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Real Red, Stampin' Blends in Cinnamon Cider & Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Thick Basic White, Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals, Noble Peacock rhinestones

2 comments:

Beth McCullough said...

Christy Lynn your card is absolutely darling!! I love making apple pie and I do make the crust from scratch. I need to make your pie with almond paste, yum! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy I just love this card! Each element plays a role and I love the tone-on-tone apple background in particular. The plaid along with that delicious-looking pie is making me hungry just looking at it! My favourite apple recipe is for an apple crumble; I do sometimes make pie, but I often cheat with the pastry (not my forte!) Thanks for sharing over at Festive Friday!