Friday, October 22, 2021

Fall Flowers

Happy Friday, y'all!  I was at work yesterday, working on my giant cross stitch piece (I can do that at work, it's great) and thinking it was about two in the afternoon when my phone alarm went off because it was actually FOUR and time for me to leave work and pick up the spawn.  Time flies when you're having fun, I guess!

Yesterday morning I made a quick card because we have lots of birthdays coming up in November and I need to get ready.


I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the color combo from CAS Colours & Sketches:


And the theme from the Paper Players:


Now, two of those three challenges are specifically CAS, so instead of using patterned paper or something and adding a layer for the background strip on the sketch, I used some Post-It Notes to mask and used a blending brush to make a soft Night of Navy stripe directly on the card base.  And because I'm hard-headed, I took a deep, rich, dark color combination and made it light by applying ink to the fill-in stamps with a sponge and then stamping them.  So I used all the specified colors but I kept the card light and airy.  I did add some Wink of Stella to the flowers (because don't I always?) and some gold gems from a previous Paper Pumpkin kit for a little glitz, but I still think it's CAS....okay, maybe CAS-plus.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hand-Penned Petals, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Night of Navy, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, gold gems

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the cleanness of your card and the perfectly sponged blue background! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! Have a lovely weekend!

Jaydee said...

I love the fact that you masked and blended the stripe in the background. It really does ground your card and makes those fabulous flowers pop. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

So soft and pretty! Love how you combined the challenges. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Shaha said...

The floral motif truly is what makes this card. It makes me so happy!

Vicky Hayes said...

I just love this! Sponging your stamps with ink has given a lovely soft look and I love that you masked and inked the background. The scalloped die gives a lovely feminine look without taking away from the cleanness of your card. Thank you for coming to play at CAS Colours and Sketches. Vicky x

Jacquie Southas said...

Love how you inked the blue panel! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Christy! I love those flowers and the inked panel! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your flowers are so pretty and I love the blue panel! Glad you joined us at FMS!

JulieP said...

This is so very pretty! Great job on both challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S blog!