Friday, October 1, 2021

Happy Birthday, Man

Hey y'all, this week has just been wearing me out!  I meant to post this card yesterday but I ran out of time to do it, so here it is today instead.


We have a lot of birthdays coming up in the family in October and November, so we're kicking off birthday season (and also fall! my favorite!) with a card for my brother-in-law.  I used both sides of a single piece of Beauty of the Earth DSP and who else is in love with the Intricate Leaves dies?  I felt like the leaf needed some kind of embellishment so I dug up a long-retired Candy Dot.  Remember those?  I *loved* those, they were my favorite embellishments, especially because they came in ALLLLLL the colors.

I used the Paper Players sketch:


And the Global Design Project theme:


I used the "best wishes" sentiment on the front just because it fit on the die better than "happy birthday", so I stamped "happy birthday" on the inside of the card.  Now I just need to get the hubs to sign it and it can go off in the mail...it might actually get there ON TIME even!

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Art Gallery
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Mossy Meadow, Bumblebee, Thick Basic White, Beauty of the Earth DSP
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Candy Dot

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful nature-inspired card Christie - and I'm totally with you on the candy dots, I'm glad I still have a stash of those too. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!