Friday, October 15, 2021

Squirrel Salutations

Mornin' folks and happy Friday!  Hope you've had a good week.  Looks like it's going to be nice weather this afternoon (and a little bit cool, YAY FALL!) so I'll probably take Ryan out to the playground.  In the meantime, I carved out a few minutes in my craft room to make a card.


Nuts About Squirrels was the #1 stamp set on my wish list when I first saw the holiday catalog :) And yet I've only used it one other time.  I'll have to find a balance between playing with retired stamps and enjoying the newer schtuff too.  (....yeah I just got another retired stamp set in the mail yesterday that I ordered on Ebay!)  Anyway, this squirrel seemed like the perfect choice for this week's Color Throwdown:

I used Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, and Basic White as my colors.  So even though the stamps and all the dies (three different sets) are current, I still used some retired DSP and retired colors.  Next time I stamp these squirrels I'll have to do some brighter fall colors--some of the native squirrels here (southern Germany) are a gorgeous bright chestnut red color, though I've seen a black squirrel too.  These stamps still remind me of the Disney movie The Sword in the Stone, so maybe I'll have to do a blue squirrel sometime.

In the meantime, I'm going to go spend some time with Ryan.  I think we're finally going to make that homemade applesauce this morning...cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nuts About Squirrels
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Thick Basic White, All Abloom DSP Stack
Accessories:  Nature's Thoughts dies, Peach dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, mini Dimensionals

No comments: