Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Birthday Pumpkin

Mornin' y'all!  I had to whip up a quick birthday card yesterday morning before work so I could get it in the mail ASAP.  Here's what I came up with in under 20 minutes:


The leaves are GLORIOUS right now and this one fell off a tree near my work; I had to pick it up when I left work Monday afternoon because it was so pretty.  Anyway, the card!  I sent this off ON the birthday girl's birthday so it will definitely be late, but that's an excuse to celebrate longer, right?  After I took this picture, I decided the pumpkin needed some Wink of Stella because I always like Wink of Stella.

I started with the Fusion challenge:


I'm just squeaking in under the deadline on this one :)  I pulled my colors from the photo:  Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze, and Baja Breeze, with some Early Espresso for the birthday sentiment and the pumpkin stem.  My card also fits with the Global Design Project theme challenge:


Pumpkins?  Yes please.  Last up is the Paper Players sketch:


Couldn't resist using the Watercolor Shapes stamp set for the three panels in the background, though they're wider than the panels on the sketch.  I figure that falls under creative license.

October ends this weekend, but as far as I'm concerned, pumpkin season is a year-round thing (especially if it involves this coffee cake).  I'm hoping the fall colors last a bit longer, I'm loving it!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together, Watercolor Shapes, Sharing Sunshine
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  Gathered Leaves dies, hexagon punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card! Love the blue background with the pop of color from the pumpkin!

LeAnne said...

Well, you nailed all of these challenges! Your pumpkin is beautiful against that pretty leaf and I love how you did the three panels! So happy you played with my sketch this week at the Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great job Christy - and totally inspired to use those watercolour panels for the sketch! I lovethe leafy pumpkin combo too - beautiful I these soft colours. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!