Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Autumn Hugs

Hey y'all!  We just got back home last night after spending a long weekend in Berlin.  It was a good trip; I got to see the super-famous bust of Nefertiti at the Neues Museum and all of us highly enjoyed the zoo.  But it's good to be home too because I managed to snatch a few minutes today to make a very quick card.


The colors are changing here and I LOVE IT.  Fall is definitely my favorite season!  Couldn't pass up the Paper Players color challenge:


I added Crumb Cake for the fourth color (I figure white doesn't count).  The leaf is inked up with Pale Papaya and then I sponged on some Pumpkin Pie ink before stamping.  The card still seemed too plain, so I added a bit of sponging to the white layer for a bit of added interest.  I'm really itching to play a lot more with fall and Halloween stamps but I have Ryan with me for the rest of the week, which makes it challenging.

Oh well, at least I snuck in a teeny bit of stamping.  Now I just need to convince the child that we have GOT to go grocery shopping or we won't have anything for dinner tonight.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Positive Thoughts
Ink:  Pale Papaya, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Pale Papaya, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This is beautiful!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a beautiful card and sentiment using the colors! Love this gorgeous leaf, too! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players!!

LeAnne said...

Simple and beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Simple yet a beautiful fall-inspired card Christy - well done! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Christy! I'm super jealous of your fall weather, too. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!