Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Witch Way Agnes

Hey hey, happy Wednesday!  How many of y'all took advantage of SU!'s one day stamp sale?  *raises hand* I admit, I impulse-bought a few stamp sets!  Hey, it's a reward for having blood drawn this morning, right?

But for today, I'm going back to some retired stamps!


It just isn't the Halloween season without at least one appearance from Agnes, Frankie, and/or Vlad! *gasp* HOW have I not inked up Agnes or her friends since 2017?!  Oh yeah, this was long overdue.  I had a great time today coloring in Agnes with various Stampin' Blends, and then I masked her off (I have a mask I cut out ages ago that lives in the stamp case) and used a blending brush to add in some Coastal Cabana background for her.

How fun is the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch?


Here's the theme challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:


And the challenge from Retro Rubber:


I want to say I've had Best Fiends since about 2006, and Haunt Ya Later is from 2015, so they're both very firmly in the retro category :)

I've only got two hours left before I have to go pick Ryan up from daycare so I'd better hurry up and get some things done!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best Fiends, Haunt Ya Later
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana; Stampin' Blends in Highland Heather, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, and Cinnamon Cider
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather, Thick Basic White, Cute Halloween DSP Stack
Accessories:  Key Tag punch, Basic Borders dies, Dimensionals, Monster Bash Enamel Shapes

10 comments:

Heather said...

So fun, Christy - love that gnarly witch, and the cute spooky papers! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Such a super cute Halloween card, Christy! Love your choice of colors and the fun witch!! Thank you for sharing your fun creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am loving this!! that witch is super scary and I like the addition of the tomb stones. GREAT design. Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
CIC

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Im so happy you shared this card with us at RETRO RUBBER, and I can attest that this Stampin'Up set is indeed from 2006 because I own it too. All of the images are so fabulous and you did an amazing job coloring this witch. Love your layout and details on this fantastic card.
Thank you for sharing.
Stay healthy and safe.
Maria-DT

Claire Grantham said...

Hahaha, I love a good pun and this is one that I haven't seen before! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

sue t. said...

Such a fun Weener card! Glad you treated yourself to some stamps! Thanks for playing getting your spooky on with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Neva Cole said...

This card gave me the giggles. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!

stampingvickisvisions said...

Love your coloring and the pop of color behind just makes this little witch pop of the page! I have to admit I don’t recognize this as Stampin Up but then I’m not much of a Halloween person. You’ve show based the sketch perfectly! Thanks for joining us at TSOT.

Melanie R said...

Love the card, Christy! What a spooky witch. Your coloring is excellent and you followed the sketch perfectly. Thank you for joining us for TSOT #530.

Leanne said...

Very nicely done, I like the image and the coloring is great. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations