Thursday, October 7, 2021

Quoth the Raven

Mornin', y'all!  Our regular daycare lady is on leave back to the States for a while, and we couldn't find any backup childcare, so I had to take off work part of this week and all of next week to pretend to be a SAHM for a bit.  So I bought a bunch of craft supplies from where I work and we spent a lot of time yesterday drawing monsters on construction paper to make decorations for Halloween.  I had one package of giant glow-in-the-dark googly eyes and Ryan used all of them on ONE paper, ha.  But we both had fun yesterday doing that.

Ryan also helped me make a card earlier this week!


I did the stamping while he was in the tub, but he did the die cutting for the Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry pieces, put on all the adhesive, and helped me put the iridescent pearls on there.  Not too bad for a 4-year-old.

Check out the spooky challenge from the Paper Players!


The raven in the bottom right corner made me think of the long-retired stamp set Toxic Treats, and without intending to I pretty much used the colors from the jack-o-lantern pic in the bottom left.  The Misty Moonlight panel is from the current Beauty of the Earth DSP, and the other two layers are from the retired Classic Garage Stack.  Love how I made a Halloween card with papers that aren't Halloween themed!

Enjoy the spooky season!  We're going to draw more monsters today.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Toxic Treats
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Beauty of the Earth DSP, Classic Garage DSP Stack
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Dimensionals, iridescent pearls

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That image is perfect for a spooky Halloween card especially stamped on grey card. Love the incorporation of the Halloween colours behind too - fabulous work from your little helper too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!