Monday, February 7, 2022

Grimes Graves

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I didn't really get my day off last week since Ryan has been throwing up periodically for a couple of weeks, and then his daycare provider got sick.  The hubs took Ryan to get his hair cut yesterday and I ended up having a few hours to myself to play in my craft room!  Got a couple of cards made and worked on some scrapbook pages too, love that.  I find that I need that time to play with paper and ink to keep my mental/emotional balance.

Anyway, here's one of the layouts I made in January:


Pictures are from when we went in a Neolithic flint mine in England, see 'em here.  Sorry for the harsh shadows on the layout/palette pictures today; I usually try to take scrapbook pages out onto our balcony to take pictures.  Indirect light is best (so a partly cloudy day) but lately it's been super cloudy so all the pictures turn out blue.  The day I took these pics it was really sunny so then I ended up with fairly accurate colors but harsh shadows.  What can ya do!


Today's color palette:  Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, and white.  The pattern on the DSP reminded me of the funky patterns on the ground in the pictures--the old mines in that area make the sheep fields above them look like Eggo waffles :)

Have a great day and stay healthy, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Well-Worn Alphabet
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Whisper White, Hydrangea Hill DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: