Thursday, February 10, 2022

You Sweet Thing

Hey y'all, happy Thursday.  I have a very quick card to share today:


As soon as I saw the sketch from Sunday Stamps, I knew it would be perfect for showcasing some patterned paper and I have SO MANY beautiful patterns :) But the hubs' birthday is coming up on Valentine's Day, so I chose a pattern from the Sweet Talk DSP.  Yeah, it's pink on a guy's birthday card, but I think the Coastal Cabana card base makes it a bit less girly.  Plus I just liked the lollipop pattern with the "sweet" sentiment.  Here's the sketch:


As a bonus, here's the Festive Friday challenge:


For my Valentine birthday card, I used red, pink, sparkle (check out the glitter dots under the sentiment), hearts, and stitching (the stitched dies).

Hope you have a great day, kids!  Oh, we got a new girl at work this week who happens to share the hubs' Valentine birthday, and she's NINETEEN years younger than me.  I think I'm the work mom...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet Strawberry
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Sweet Talk DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, white EP, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Diane Evans said...

What a great simplistic card. The colors are perfect together. Thanks for sharing this in the Festive Friday Challenge.

Heather said...

Personally I love this color combo, and what guy doesn't like lolipops?? Lol. Also, so perfect for sneaking in some of those glitter enamel dots - I so miss them! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a sweet Valentine! I love this color combo and that fun heart DSP. SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Jaydee said...

Such a great Valentine. I love how you let the DSP take pride of place and the white on red sentiment was the perfect way to tie the colors together. So glad you joined us at Festie Friday this week
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful card for a Valentine's Day birthday, Christy! My guys don't mind pink one bit. The Coastal Cabana cardstock was a great choice for the card base. Real Red paired with Coastal Cabana is one of my fave combos. Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Great card for your BD Valentine. I'm sure he's used to pinks on his special day! Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday.

Heidi Baks said...

Awww, how "sweet" is this card! The color combination is so pleasing. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps.