Sunday, February 6, 2022

Paper Players: Love and Friendship

Good morning stampy friends!  Are you ready for a new challenge from The Paper Players?


Love the pictures on the challenge graphic :) Here's what I made:

I was planning on making something completely different, but then that sentiment in the new Calming Camellias stamp set caught my eye and it's perfect, am I right?  Since I had no idea what color camellias are, I asked the all-knowing Google and found a lot of pictures with bright pink blooms.  Know what else?  Tea comes from the camellia plant, camellia sinensis.  And now I love this stamp set even more :) I am enjoying a cuppa Assam black tea as I type this.

So anyway!  I decided to keep the card simple and stamped the floral image in Polished Pink on retired Pink Pirouette cardstock, and added some Wink of Stella to the flowers for a bit of glitz.  Love that diagonal wood pattern from the Heart & Home DSP pack.  A few Polished Pink rhinestones and some retired white taffeta ribbon and there's my card!  It's even already in the mail to one of my besties (who also enjoys a nice cuppa tea on the regular). 

And now a short message from Ryan (almost 5), who wanted to help write this blog post:
abcdfghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz     123456789   134679285463917465
There you have it, folks, you heard it here first.

Make your own love and friendship card and upload it on the Paper Players blog, looking forward to seeing what you make!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Calming Camellia
Ink:  Polished Pink, Basic Gray
Paper:  Polished Pink, Pink Pirouette, Thick Basic White, Heart & Home DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Tasteful Labels dies, white taffeta ribbon, In Color rhinestones, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Love the pinks on your card Christy! And I didn't know that about camellias either, interesting! Love that DSP too and the sentiment is perfect! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful in Polished Pink, Christy! Somehow I completely missed this perfect sentiment in this set. I LOVE it! Also, Ryan's message is so spot on! Have a wonderful week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love camellia's and this one is gorgeous! That pink paper is so beautiful on your background and the wood grain is perfect! Great message from Ryan, too! Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

What an informative post! Not only is the card beautiful, it is helping me enjoy the cup of Constant Comment I am enjoying right now, but Ryan's contribution made me smile as well! Start 'em early!

Cindy Beach said...

Wish I was there to share a cup of tea with you, Christy! But I am happy to visit and feast my eyes on this beauty. The pink on pink is wonderful and I love the soft detailed image. You're right, the sentiment is perfect! As for Ryan, please tell him I agree completely with his note.

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the pink!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Talk about pretty in pink! Such a gorgeous card, Christy!

Jaydee said...

Assam.. a girl after my own heart. That and Irish breakfast are my go to teas! I love your profusion in pink, absolutely unapologetically feminine card! gorgeous
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your camellia is most definitely is pretty in pink Christy - and that sentiment perfect for a friendship card too. Clearly a girl after my own heart - from one tea drinker to another, cheers!