Sunday, February 13, 2022

Paper Players: Mermazing Colors

Good morning stampy friends!  How is your weekend going?  It's about to get better...there's a great new color challenge at The Paper Players!


They're great, right?  I admit though, I really had to think for a while before I decided on what I wanted to do.  In fact, I made a different card first but it didn't feel quite right so I had to have another go at it, and then I made this:


I bought Pirates & Mermaids on a whim when it was on the one-day stamp sale last October and this is the first time I've used it.  I thought the Mint Macaron and Bermuda Bay made good ocean colors, and I found a pattern in the Butterfly Bijoux DSP stack from last year that I thought coordinated beautifully with my mermaid.  I thought about making her hair blonde (So Saffron), buuuut...I'm a brunette ;) Plus if she'd had blonde hair then I would have had to give her a bright pink flower and I wanted to stick to the color challenge plus neutrals.  I've ordered all the new neutral Stampin' Blends so now I'm just waiting to get them in my hot little hands :)  You can't see it in the picture (as always), but I did accent her tail and the flower with Wink of Stella for a bit of sparkle.  For the layout of my card, I CASEd this card on Dawn Olchefske's blog, and I have since seen it pop up in a few other places too.

So what will you make with these mermazing colors?  Something ocean-related like me?  Butterflies?  A dancing goat?  (I did think about making a dancing goat card.)  Upload your creation at the Paper Players blog and have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pirates & Mermaids
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Stampin' Blends in Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay, So Saffron, Petal Pink, Bronze, Soft Suede
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Bijoux DSP Stack
Accessories:  White EP, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy your mermaid is adorable and so perfect for these colours! Love the addition of the wink of Stella for some ocean sparkle and shine too!

LeAnne said...

Oh so cute! Love your little mermaid, especially with that So Saffron flower in her hair! The DSP was perfect for the watery background too!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Christy! The mermaid and the entire ocean vibe are perfect for these colors. Plus, you have to love a sentiment that leaves you giggling! Have a wonderful week!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, a mermaid is just perfect for this color combo!! So clever! It's such a cute card! Love that greeting too! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Look at this sweet little mermaid! I love the background and the little yellow flower in her hair, My grand daughter would love this card. Have a great weekend!

Jaydee said...

Your little mermaid is gorgeous with her little yellow flower. What a wonderful use of this DSP. The little starfish on the front are the perfect finishing touch.
hugs
jaydee

Cindy Beach said...

I love mermaid images and you know what? I don't have any. This one is adorable. Great coloring and the ocean vibe is perfect!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, I love that you used the mermaid with these colors! SO stinking cute!