Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Minty Fresh

Mornin', folks.  Do you ever craft in the middle of the night?  I did on Monday night...not my plan, but that's what happened.  Ryan woke up around midnight and started throwing up, so the hubs and I both got up to take care of him--get him cleaned up, strip the bed, etc.  Got Ryan settled back in, he'd fall asleep for about 10 minutes and then throw up again, poor kid.  So I ended up staying up until about 2 until he went back to sleep and stayed that way (and also I waited until the washer finished so I could put things in the dryer).  So I ended up with about 20 minutes in my craft room in the middle of the night.  Not what I wanted to be doing, but I did make something:


I tried to resist Cactus Cuties, really I did--I have last year's Flowering Cactus medley and I still love it but somehow Cactus Cuties came to my house anyway.  The font on the sentiments just screams 80s to me but I can't think specifically of what it reminds me of.  Anyway, this is Cactus Cuties' initial outing in my house and I'm participating in two challenges.  First up is the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge:


Admittedly I was going off of what I remembered from the inspo picture and it was the middle of the night, but I was trying for a similar layout (and still plant-related) but in a different style to go with the cactus stamps, so DSP layers instead of the soft watercolor look.  I wanted to use pastel colors but I thought I'd give the Cupcake Inspirations color challenge a whirl:


Happily the new Abstract Beauty DSP has both pink (Blushing Bride) and mint (Just Jade, though it looks like a darker shade of Mint Macaron).  I bought Abstract Beauty expressly with the idea of using it with Cactus Cuties, I don't know why but they seem to go together in my head.  Oh, one more thing--the card base is actually Thick Basic White, but I thought it made the DSP look a little dingy, but I'd already stuck everything down, so I took the light Mint Macaron Blend and carefully colored around the card base.  Voila, green card base and I didn't have to redo anything.

Hope your day (and night) are free of gastrointestinal pyrotechnics!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cactus Cuties
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Cinnamon Cider, Memento Tuxedo Black, Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Abstract Beauty DSP Stack
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Dimensionals, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Cute card! The second I read your comment about 80's, I thought the clothing brand Esprit, but that wasn't it, I googled it, haha!
Sorry you have a sick kiddo!

Nora Noll said...

How CUTE is this card?? I LOVE that sentiment!!! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
CIC DT Member

Leanne said...

I like this card very much, a great stamp and the sentiment is perfect, thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

sue t. said...

What a fun card and use of the challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!