Friday, February 11, 2022

Tiger Blues

Mornin', kids.  Man, I am dragging today...I did NOT get enough sleep last night.  Pretty sure this is what I looked like when I discovered it was time to get up and face the day:


This is my new Facebook profile picture, courtesy of the Denver Zoo : )  Yuri the tiger is my new Patronus.  By sheer coincidence, my card today also features a tiger:


And he's blue.  Once again I could *not* get a really good picture of this; either it's full sun (harsh shadows) or so cloudy that *everything* looks blue.  So just trust me when I say it looks better IRL.  I was looking through my stamp sets to find something to go with a color challenge (more on that in a minute) and I thought why not have a blue tiger?  It's my craft room, I can stamp what I want : )

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And I used the colors from the Color Throwdown:


I read it as Misty Moonlight, Coastal Cabana, and of course gold.  I'm not really sure what color is on that DSP background because it doesn't look quite like Misty Moonlight *or* Coastal Cabana, but I thought it was enough of a contrast with the Misty Moonlight tiger to count for the color challenge.  At first I tried stamping his stripes and embossing them gold but that didn't work out too well.

Gotta get ready for work.  This is going to be fun, considering I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep...

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wild Cats
Ink:  Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Versamark
Paper:  Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, gold foil
Accessories:  Big Cats dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Tasteful Labels dies, gold EP, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Kim S said...

Real tigers and tigers on your card - LOVE the combo! He's wonderful in blue! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Yes, the fun with stamping is you can make blue tigers!! Sweet card!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous card with sparkle! Love the colors. Thank you for sharing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Your blue tiger looks fabulous! Such a great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.