Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Language of Love

 Bonjour, mes amis.  Today's card-making adventure takes us to Paris.


*singing* I love Paris in the springtime...okay, it's not spring yet, but with all those pinks it sure feels like it on this card.  I painted the "Amour" with Wink of Stella too, but it shows up a bit better in this pic:


I stacked three die-cut words together to give it a bit of dimension, too.  This little card is for three challenges, starting with Retro Rubber:


Parisian Beauty (the Eiffel Tower and postmark stamps) is two years old; Artistic Etchings (the circle design) is eleven years old; and French Script (the...wait for it...French script background) is sixteen years old.  I think that qualifies my card as retro ;)  I ended up with a bit of a collage thing going on my card which was a surprise to me.  Sometimes things take an unexpected turn when I'm crafting.

Next up is The Color Throwdown:


I used Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Cherry Cobbler, and Cinnamon Cider for my colors.

Finally, I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

I admit, when I first saw the sketch, my reaction was not positive.  Imagine my surprise when I made something with it that I do like!  I had no plan when I went in my craft room, just started looking for Valentine-y stamp sets and pulled out Parisian Beauty; the card just kinda happened from there.

Have a great day, peeps. À bientôt!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Parisian Beauty, French Script, Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Cinnamon Cider
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Cherry Cobbler, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Parisian dies, Wink of Stella

7 comments:

Heather said...

Eee! Great choice, Christy - I love this set! Your balance of pinks with that bold sparkle "amour" is just perfect! Gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love, love this card, the script is a beautiful background for your Eifel Tower, and that sparkly sentiment is the perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Linda Callahan said...

Ooooo la la! I love the Eiffel Tower for this sketch! Such a sweet card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous card! Love how you managed to combine all three challenges perfectly.

Claire Grantham said...

Wonderful card, love the large Eifel Tower and the big script word. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

Wow, what a great way to combine challenges. Really stunning card! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber! Neva DT

Jane Knudsen said...

What a card! This is perfect for the sketch challenge! And quite perfect for our love challenge! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!