Wednesday, January 17, 2024

All Kinds of Wonderful

Hey hey!  It's still ridiculously cold but Ryan is back at school so I'm back to stamping a bit...at least until my dad gets here, because I've got a check engine light on in my car so we're going to go suss that out.  But first, my card for today!


I made this for the Paper Players challenge:


I browsed through my stamp sets a couple of times before landing on Lighting the Way and using Lemon Lime Twist for my pop of color.  Actually I did roll the stamps a bit in Granny Apple Green too but I don't know how much it shows up.  The creative process on this card was a little different for me because I didn't have a firm idea of what I was doing when I started, it just kind of evolved as I went along.  I stamped and die cut the greenery pieces and the greeting, and then I dumped out all my scraps from the Bright & Beautiful DSP stack and ended up with a skinny little scrap of a LLT watercolor and this just felt right.  A couple of LLT tinsel gems (they show up a bit odd on the black cardstock, but they are green) and it's done!

Side note:  I'm very excited that my card was chosen as the Headliner for last week's Paper Players challenge!  I was a guest designer for the Paper Players for 2022 and it was so much fun, but I've been a longtime participant in that challenge.  Thanks for all the inspiration over the years, Paper Players!

Okay, my dad should be here soon so I'm going to get ready to do car stuff.  Whee.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lighting the Way
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Versamark
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Basic Black, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Lighting the Way dies, Nested Essentials dies, white EP, Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is fabulous! Love the CAS card with this wonderful sentiment and gorgeous green leaves. SO happy you joined us at THe Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a beautiful card! Love how the pop of green really stands out on the clean layout. Wowza! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!