Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Let's Get Ice Cream

Mornin' y'all.  I finally feel like I got an okay night's sleep last night so when I finish up this blog post, I am going to tackle the swirling mass of chaos formerly known as the living room (a.k.a. Hurricane Ryan's mess).  It's been a mess since Christmas and I can't take it anymore :p  So I have that to look forward to, ha.

In the meantime, I have a card to share.


This card was kicked off by this week's Paper Players challenge:


The colors on the challenge graphic made me want to crack open the Lighter Than Air DSP stack, which I paired with Share a Milkshake because why not?  I'll tell you why not, I didn't buy the hot air balloon stuff that goes with the paper, so this is proof that you can always mix and match stamps and papers to your little heart's content.  Also my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks so making birthday cards sounds like fun right now.

I also used this week's sketch from Sunday Stamps:


Yeah, it says any shape but I still did a circle *shrugs* I had fun with all those springy colors though, there are some very fun patterns in that DSP stack and y'all know I'm a paper dragon.

Okay, I'm off to bring order to the chaos.  Wish me luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Share a Milkshake
Ink:  Azure Afternoon, Pool Party, Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lolly
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Thick Basic White, Lighter Than Air DSP Stack
Accessories:  Share a Milkshake dies, Layering Circles dies (retired), Rainbow Dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Heather said...

Lol, I was just thinking the other day that this DSP would pair awesome with Share a Milkshake! How great to see how awesome it DOES! Such fun paper choices, and I love the treats, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Ann Schach said...

What an awesome card, Christy! These papers, colors and patterns are amazing together. I LOVE it. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy those papers and the ice cream bundle pair perfectly - those ice-cream pastels definitely make this card look good enough to eat! A masterful mix of patterns too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week - hope the tidying went well!

Jaydee said...

Christy, what a fabulous, bright, cheerful card. the colors are just perfect for an ice cream celebration and I love the way you paired everything together. Fabulous card. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players
jayde

dj said...

Yummy!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our sketch with your bright and cheery color combo
Deb Horst, DT #SSC326

Annette Elliott said...

Oh my this is so darn cute! Love how you used the new DSP with the Milkshake set! They work perfect together. Thanks for playing along with this weeks sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps!