Friday, January 19, 2024

Lavender Bouquet

Happy Friday, y'all, hope your week has gone well and you're looking forward to a good weekend.  I should finish up my current stitching project today so I'm excited about that, and yesterday I had a good session in my craft room and made this:


As soon as I finished this, my first thought was that I should send it to my friend Beth, but her memorial service is tomorrow.  I sent her a card every week for the last couple of years, so it's going to be a long time before I don't think of her first when I make something especially girly.  So our friend suggested that I send it to Beth's mom instead, and even got me her address, so I'm going to do that instead.

Let's take a look at some challenges, shall we?  Starting with a fun challenge from Just Add Ink:


And the Inspire. Create. challenge:


Flowers plus the spring/summer catty definitely equals the Perennial Lavender suite for me.  I added in the Global Design Project challenge too:


I kept the same basic layout, adding some stamped flowers and switching out the DSP and greenery dies.  I think I'll have to get an extra pack of that Perennial Lavender DSP, it's so pretty.

Almost time to get Ryan to school, and then I'm going to work on that stitching project for a bit this morning.  I've had project fatigue with it so I am excited to just get it done...and then immediately start another project : )  And then some stamping this afternoon.  Also I have a large stack of scrapbook layouts that I need to take pictures of.  Suffice to say I will not be bored today!  Cheers, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Lavender, Perennial Postage
Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Lost Lagoon, Thick Very Vanilla, Perennial Lavender DSP
Accessories:  Painted Lavender dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Purple Fine Shimmer Gems, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

7 comments:

Tanya said...

That is a brilliant and sweet idea! And this is a beautiful card.

Tracy Grauer said...

What a beautiful card. I'm sorry your friend died. Her mother will so appreciate your cards and your thoughts.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card Christy. I love how you used that sketch with the lavender set. So glad you joined us at Inspire,Create.Challenges

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful combination of delicate florals and muted colours, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Tina said...

Your floral card is so beautiful, and a lovely gesture for your friend's mum. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

Wonderful lavender card and a sweet sentiment. I'm sure Beths Mum will treasure your card. Chantell Just Add Ink xx

Tammy said...

I love this card, Christy!! So many beautiful elements!! You're amazing!