Tuesday, January 2, 2024

SUO Challenges: Sparkling New Year

Happy New Year, y'all, and let's start off with a new challenge from SUO Challenges!



And here it is....

We're starting the new year off sparkly, so anything that glitters--rhinestones, glimmer paper, Wink of Stella, anything along those lines.  I had to try out some new stuff, so here's what I made:


I used products from the new Perennial Lavender suite, which is my favorite out of the soon-to-arrive Occasions catty.  The glimmer paper is in the Online Exclusives in the SU! store, and I have Tinsel Gems in Pretty Peacock and Purple Fine Shimmer Gems in Highland Heather, plus I coated the stamped lavender with several layers of Wink of Stella for extra sparkle.

Make your own sparkly card and share it on the SUO Challenges blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Lavender, Perennial Postage
Ink:  Highland Heather, Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Gorgeous Grape, Shaded Spruce, Thick Basic White, Perennial Lavender DSP, Three Color Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Painted Lavender dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems, Purple Fine Shimmer Gems, Wink of Stella






Just in case anyone is reading down this far, I do have some sad news to share.  I made this card several weeks ago and sent it to my friend Beth, who has been waging war on stage 4 metastatic breast cancer for the last four years.  I don't know if she's even seen it, as I think by the time it arrived at her house, she had already left for the hospital in Houston, and she will not be going home from there.  I'm typing this post on December 30 and scheduling it for January 2; today we're dropping my hubs off at the airport, Ryan is going to his grandparents, and I am driving down to Houston again to be with Beth and her family.  She asked me to come and sit with her, so I am going.  I have mailed at least one card a week to Beth ever since I found out about her diagnosis, and this is the last one.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you were able to sit with her before she passed. It is a beautiful card. Sending hugs and prayers of peace to get you thru the next while.