Friday, January 12, 2024

Luck Dragons

Hey y'all, I'm not moving too fast this Friday morning...I did get up super early (I usually wake up around 5 whether I want to or not) and did a workout like usual, but somehow I torqued my back and it is Not Happy with me.  Hope it feels better soon.

Anyway, I have two cards to share today, starting with this one:


As soon as I saw "dragons" on the Festive Friday challenge, I thought of Ancient Asia, which is a super old stamp set that I've had for years and I bought it mainly for this little dragon image.  Hubs and I lived in Japan for a couple of years so I tend to buy all the Asian-themed stamps.  Here's the Festive Friday challenge:


I used gold, red, layers, a good luck sentiment, and dragons.  I do have a couple of pagoda stamps in my collection so I may have to revisit this one.

Check out the fun sketch from As You See It:


Perfect for my bitty dragons.  I actually made a different card first though...


I do really like the Color Throwdown for this week but I just haven't been able to make a card with it that I really liked.  I thought it might be interesting to use this with the dragons, but I decided I had to do it in the more usual red, black, and gold instead.  Anyway, here's the Color Throwdown challenge:


That's it for me this week, kids.  I don't know if I'm even going to go up to my craft room today, I've been having a tough time with my stampy mojo this week.  Have a good weekend and stay warm, friends.  We've got lows in the 20s happening on Sunday!

Supplies, all SU!, first card:
Stamps:  Ancient Asia, Nature's Harvest
Ink:  Versamark, Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Real Red, Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Real Red DSP, gold foil
Accessories:  Deckled Circles dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, gold EP, Dimensionals

Supplies, all SU!, second card:
Stamps:  Ancient Asia, Nature's Harvest
Ink:  Versamark, Garden Green
Paper:  Polished Pink, Garden Green, Orchid Oasis, Polished Pink DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Circles dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, gold EP, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow, love both your cards for our sketch, but especially the Festive one! So perfect for their challenge, too! That's an adorable little dragon! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

That's a smart colour combination and is indeed, very oriental in feel. Nice job! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

Christie, those luck dragon coins are a great idea for this sketch challenge! I really like both cards, but the colours in the first one totally suit the Asian feel of your stamp set! Hope your back heals quickly! Thanks for using our sketch at As You See It Challenges!

Beth McCullough said...

How wonderful that you lived in Japan! Your dragon card is perfect for this challenge and your card is beautiful. Hope your back feels better. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Jaydee said...

Hi Christy, hope your back feels better!!! I love those dragons and I love how you incorporated them into the layout. The rich shade of red/pink reminds me of damask wallpaper and adds a wonderful touch of texture. I love how you used deckled edges on your card, too. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at Festive Friday this week
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I especially love the traditional oriental dragon card Christie - the red, black and gold combo and the pattern of the red paper really adds an elegant, Asian feel to your arc of dragons. Fabulous! Hope that back feels better soon! Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It!

Jane Knudsen said...

Christy...dramatic and bold where the first two words I thought of when I saw your entry! Wow! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!