Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Slimline Valentine & Lavender Bonus

Hey y'all, how's your day going?  Apparently I am extra inspired this week because I have another double card post for today.  Here's the first card:


Okay I realize I am a minority of one but I don't like making slimline cards, they make me grumpy.  I like A2 cards because that's half of a sheet of paper, which is economical, and slimline cards don't work like that.  But slimline it is for this week's Paper Players sketch:


And I paired that with the Festive Friday challenge:


From the list, I have red, purple, slimline (reluctantly), and hearts.  I know it's fun to pull out the newest stamps to play with, but this time I used last year's Country Bouquet for my Valentine.  Don't forget about the new Valentine challenge at SUO Challenges too!

Anyway, like I said, slimline cards make me a little grumpy, and when I was trying to go to sleep the other night I was turning over ideas in my head about how to turn that sketch into an A2 card.  Then of course I had to make this when I got in my craft room yesterday:


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees and happily for me, one of the Perennial Postage dies fits on a standard card front five times.  This was a good excuse to use one of the vertical sentiments from Vertical Blooms too, and I need to send out some thank you cards so this one will be going out today or tomorrow.  Win!  And after I made this card, I made several other ones that I really liked, I was on fire in my craft room yesterday (not literally, that would have been messy).  Honestly I'm procraftinating because I haven't started my wedding album yet.  I haven't done any new scrapbook pages yet this year!  Gotta fix that.

Anyway, have a great day, peeps.  I'm hoping to get some more quality crafting time today and start that wedding album.  It's got to be done.  Cheers!

Supplies, slimline card:
Stamps:  Country Bouquet
Ink:  Real Red, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Most Adored Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Country Bouquet punch, Dimensionals

Supplies, lavender card:
Stamps:  Painted Lavender, Vertical Blooms
Ink:  Orchid Oasis, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Orchid Oasis, Thick Basic White, Perennial Lavender DSP
Accessories:  Perennial Postage dies, Painted Lavender dies, Iridescent Foil Gems, Dimensionals, Orchid Oasis baker's twine

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Both cards are great, the hearts made me smile immediately. But maybe because I just got the postage dies, I really love that one. Or maybe because I also do not like making slimline cards... ha.
also, love "procraftinating". I'm good at that. :)

Diane Evans said...

Wow your cards are amazing. You interpretation of the sketch is awesome Thanks for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen Jennings said...

So pleased you created your card anyway, even if it did make you a bit grumpy. Thank you for linking up to the Festive Friday Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Christy, I know you didn't like doing it - but your slimline card is fabulous. I don't make a lot of slimlines, but for some reason, before I left on my cruise, I made several of them. Your hearts are fabulous and I love that you used both small and large hearts. I love the background DSP, too as it creates so much movement.

As for your lavender card, I love the single lavender stalk and that background DSP echoes the outline of it perfectly. The little bow is the perfect finishing touch.

So glad you joined us at the Paper Players and at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

LOL, I am not a big fan of slimline cards either, but this one certainly is pretty! I never knew what to do with that swirly DSP but it looks nice with the big and little punched hearts! And your other card is delightful too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Your slimline card is amazing, Christy! I love the hearts against this designer paper. For not being a fan of slimline cards, you hit this one out of the park. I also love your other card. What a wonderful way to transform the sketch! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!