Saturday, January 27, 2024

Cactus Greetings

Mornin' y'all and happy Saturday!  And it's going to be a fun Saturday too, the hubs arranged for me to have a mani/pedi with my friend Missy today while Ryan entertains his grandparents.  Whee!  And as an extra bonus, I have a card to share today : )


My friend Krissy lives in Arizona and we were texting the other day about this cute cactus shirt that Tee Turtle has in their Valentine collection and I told her I would have to make her a cactus card soon, and here it is.  I started with the same Just Add Ink challenge as I used yesterday:


I actually made this card first, but as I was working on it I decided it absolutely NEEDED some bright pink flowers and that made it not fit the challenge as much.  Check out the cool sketch from Try a Sketch on Tuesday:


Fun sketch, I had lots of ideas for it but the cactus won out.  I used the same greeting stamp as for yesterday's card because the one I liked from Flowering Cactus was too long to fit in the space on the card front.  And for the three background strips, I finally used one of the "texture" dies in the Flowering Cactus set that I had never used before.

Okay, I'm going to see if I can get in a yoga practice before Ryan wakes up.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus, Blueberry Bunches
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Polished Pink, Blueberry Bushel
Paper:  Blueberry Bushel, Azure Afternoon, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Dimensionals, white sequins

6 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a fun card to send to your Arizona friend! I love those embossed/diecut x's and dashes on your three vertical elements! They kind of remind me of fencing out west with barbwire - which is totally appropriate for your cactus theme!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute - love the texture on the stripes. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Polly said...

Love your cactus card! The background strips really make the cactus image pop! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT! :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

The colors you used on background are perfect and the stiched panels are perfect for your pretty cacti. Of course living in AZ I love the floral cacti. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

foleysfriend said...

I really love how you personalized this card for your friend in AZ. The texture of the vertical strips is a great way to add some interest to the vertical strips of cardstock. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

sue n.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I love this card, Christy! The blues and green with a pop of pink is the perfect way to say Hello to someone! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!