Monday, January 22, 2024

Maine: Cadillac Mountain Sunset

Well, today has not gone as expected.  Ryan said he had a sore throat yesterday but seemed fine at bedtime last night...nope he had a fever this morning so he's staying at the house with me today.  And we both conked right back out until 11am!  He's got an appointment this afternoon to check for strep and he's currently cocooned on the couch with my super-soft Baby Yoda blanket and a piece of toast.  Meanwhile I'm eating gummy dinosaurs my friend Krissy sent me :)

Anyway, I need to finish up the last few layouts for the Maine scrapbook, so that's my plan for the next few Scrappy Mondays.  Today I have sunset on top of Cadillac Mountain.


Okay for reals, that Western Sky DSP has been in my hoard stash for over 15 years I am sure, probably close to 20.  I think I started stamping in 2005 and I got this DSP not that long afterwards.  I don't have a whole lot of it left now but it did seem to work for this very clean and simple layout.


Today's color palette is from the DSP:  River Rock (I never thought I'd miss that color, but I really did use it for scrapbooking), Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Old Olive, and White.  I used the very old stamp set Wanted which coordinates with the paper and has a great Western feel to it.  This isn't my favorite Maine layout, but it gets the job done and not every one can be your favorite.

That's it for me today.  I'm going to go chill out with the kiddo until time for his appointment.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Make a Difference, Rough Edges Alphabets, Wanted
Ink:  River Rock, Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Versamark, Not Quite Navy marker
Paper:  River Rock, Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Thick Basic White, Western Sky DSP
Accessories:  white embossing powder, scalloped circle punch

No comments: