Thursday, May 30, 2024

Flying By

Well, I got all the paperwork signed on the new house yesterday...still doesn't feel real though, probably because we've not yet seen the house in person.  We've got about six or seven more weeks until that happens, and lots to do before that.

Anyway, I have another MAN card to share today!


The hubs is a pilot, so the Adventurous Sky suite was an instabuy for me.  I've had it sitting in my craft room for a few weeks and finally got it inked up.  Seemed like a good fit with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

That decision was clinched when I saw the Color Throwdown colors:


A red biplane on a bright blue sky, DONE.  I used Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, and white for my colors, plus a bit of Smoky Slate for parts of the plane.  I thought about adding some kind of embellishment on my card, but decided it was good to go as-is.  My hubs isn't much for glittery dots or sequins ; )

Anyway, I've got about fifteen minutes to finish eating breakfast and then I need to leave for an appointment and an errand or two.  Then I have yet another scrapbook layout on the table waiting to be finished.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Adventurous Sky
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Blueberry Bushel, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Adventurous Sky dies, Perennial Postage dies, Mini Dimensionals

5 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

Love this Christy...great use of the sketch!

Tanya said...

I love this card! The postage dies work perfectly and your plane looks fantastic.
Congrats on a house!!! I hope it's amazing!!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love plane cards! Your husband will love it! Congrats on the new house! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous masculine card and such a great way to highlight the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this bold bright card! Perfect for a pilot! Hope your new home is terrific! Glad you joined us at FMS!