Wednesday, May 29, 2024

It's a Bird...It's a Plane!

Hey y'all!  Big day here in Snapdragon Land--in less than an hour, I'll be signing the paperwork for us to buy our new house in Colorado.  This is the first time the hubs and I have ever bought a house, so it's a really big deal for us!

So while I wait for the notary to get here (we're doing a remote close since I'm in Texas and the hubs is not even in this hemisphere), I have a card to share that will be going to my hubs soon:


It's...SUPERMAN!  Yes, I have Superman stamps.  This one happened to be out on my craft table (Ryan was going to make a Superman card for his dad and then got distracted and never did it) and it was perfect for a couple of challenges.  Love the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


I did tweak it a little bit with my Superman image for the main image panel and the placement of the sentiment, but I think you can see that I definitely started with the sketch.

Next up is the Festive Friday challenge:


I used twine, alcohol markers, Superman, and a thanks sentiment.  I don't really count this as masculine colors because I like to tease the hubs about the Man Rainbow--it seems like 99% of his wardrobe is black, navy blue, gray, and khaki, so that's what I think of as "masculine" colors.  Anyway, my hubs always does a lot to take care of me and the kid, and he's put in a lot of work on this house acquisition thing so basically I'm just signing the papers.  So he deserves a Superman thank you card.

Happily for me, Superman dovetails nicely with the Cupcake Inspirations color combo:


I always think of the triadic red-yellow-blue color combo as the basic Superman.  I used Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, and Azure Afternoon for my colors.  Took  me a while to get Supes colored in, some of those spaces are teeny tiny!

That's it for me today, peeps.  Have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Superman from Inkadinkado, Latte Love
Ink:  Night of Navy, Azure Afternoon, Stampin' Blends in Azure Afternoon, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, SU800
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Best Dressed DSP Stack, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Rainbow Adhesive Dots, Mini Dimensionals, Night of Navy baker's twine, Stylish Shapes dies

13 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is so fabulous! My grandsons would love this card. You can never go wrong with Superman! SO FANTASTIC! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Superman to the rescue!! Fantastic masculine take on our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with our "get sketchy" challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC336


Nora Noll said...

This is awesome!! I LOVE that Superman stamp. The CIC colors were perfect for this image. Fabulous card design. Congratulations on your new house!!!

Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Leanne said...

This is so cool, what a great card, love how you used these colors!

Leanne DT Member/CICCupcake Inspirations

Beth McCullough said...

Congrats on the new house!! I love your Superman with the two different DSP behind it. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge :)

Diane Evans said...

I love this!. Superman to go with the theme of Father's Day is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us for the Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen Jennings said...

What a great card. Great for any Superhero in your life. Those papers work perfectly with Superman's outfit. Thank you for linking to the Festive Friday Challenge.

Diane Evans said...


Congratulations,! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!

jaydeestamping said...

Another fabulous creation, Christy. Your papers are fabulous and the twine adds a wonderful touch of movement. Love the matting, too. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

Helen said...

Fabulous card - our colours work so well with your image!

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Annette Elliott said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is this?! Fantastic coloring and paper selection. It's super! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Sunday Stamps!

SmilynStef said...

Fantastic card.

Heidi Baks said...

Fun pairing of Superman with bright primary colors, and stars OF COURSE! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps.