Saturday, May 4, 2024

Rooster Reveille

HAPPY STAR WARS DAY, friends!  Star Wars is my first fandom, I have a picture somewhere of 5-year-old me dressed up as Princess Leia and my little brother as Luke Skywalker.  Ryan and I are going to see The Phantom Menace in theaters this afternoon (how is that movie 25 years old?) and I'm wearing a Star Wars shirt and socks.  And I may have just bought some more Star Wars artwork...and more shirts ; )

Speaking of retail therapy, I was stalking my own front porch all day yesterday waiting for my SU! order to arrive...and it finally showed up during the 25 minutes I was gone to pick Ryan up from school.  So all I got to do so far was bust everything out and take a look at my new goodies.  While I was waiting yesterday morning, I made this card:


Hey Chuck just retired but those chickens will live forever in my stampy hoard.  I had to give two challenges another shot, starting with Cupcake Inspirations:


Once again, I used Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, and Poppy Parade, and this time I didn't add any other colors except a bit of Pecan Pie for the skateboarding rooster.  And once again I paired the colors with the Sunday Stamps sketch:


I almost forgot the little flags on the sides, I had a strip all cut out and everything but I glued my watercolor layer down and couldn't get it up to add the strips, so I cut little bits off the ends and managed to squeeze them under the watercolor layer so I followed the sketch.

Okay, while Ryan is watching Ladybug and Cat Noir, I'm going to sneak upstairs and see if I can play with some new schtuff, or work on the scrapbook pages I started yesterday.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hey Chuck
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Stampin' Blends in Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Thick Basic White, watercolor paper, Poppy Parade & Pumpkin Pie DSP
Accessories:  Hey Chuck dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, mini Dimensionals, white sequins

4 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That's way too cute! Love the fun colors and the crazy chicken! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

dj said...

Another great card with our sketch...I love that crazy little chick!! How fun!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along again with our “Front & Center” sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC334

Melissa Grant said...

A skateboarding Chicken, I love it! And your colors are Yummy too! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Nora Noll said...

This is too cute!! I love the fun chicken and your watercolor background. Great take on the challenge. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations