Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Glad You Exist

Mornin' y'all!  How is your Tuesday going?  I'm happy that I got to break out a brand new stamp set for today's card, take a look:


Saying Hey was on my first new catty order, it has some fun sentiments, like "Insert clever message here", which makes me giggle.  Plus it makes me think of Into the Spider-Verse and if you've seen that movie, you know why.  Ryan likes to put his hand on my shoulder, look in my eyes, and say HEY which makes me laugh.  (Miles Morales' uncle is trying to teach him how to flirt with a girl by using that move in the movie; Ryan ups the ante by making a goofy face while he does it.)

 Check out the color challenge from the Paper Players:


I admit this combination had me scratching my head at first.  I chose the birds from Bird's Eye View because I figured I could make them any color I wanted so I bet you could use them for just about any color combination under the sun :) I chose Pretty Peacock for my extra color, so I had two purples and two teals to work with.  I stamped several birds on scratch paper and colored them however seemed like a good idea at the time, and cut them out.  I really didn't have a plan for this card when I started since I wasn't working with a sketch, so I just kinda kept moving pieces around until I liked it.

I would not have put those colors together on my own, so I'm surprised how much I ended up liking my card when I finished it.  And that right there is why I am a challenge junkie ;) Helps me stretch my creativity.  And now I'm off to wrestle with the scrapbook layout that has been giving me fits with the color combination.  Too bad these colors wouldn't work with my photos, ha!  Also, thanks to LeAnne for choosing my octopus card as the winner of last week's challenge.  I always love to play along with the Paper Players!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bird's Eye View, Saying Hey
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Pretty Peacock, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Lost Lagoon, Highland Heather, Fresh Freesia, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Nested Essentials dies, Mini Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy this card is just fab! I love that new sentiment set too (it's on my list!) and whilst I haven't seen that movie, the big 'hey' makes a great centrepiece! The birds and striped paper behind also pair perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

C4U Art Craft - Carla said...

I love the combination of the colors and the birds. 🍀
Greetings,
Carla 🍀

Cynthia Stevenson said...

I love the way you used the colours Christy and those cute critters brought a big smile to my face! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Christy! Wow! I love how you used the challenge colors! These birds are amazing, and look fabulous against this paper. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week at The Paper Players!