Friday, May 10, 2024

Inner Goofball

Happy Friday, y'all!  I have a fun card to share today...


It's Bluey and Bingo!  NGL, Bluey is one of my favorite shows.  It's amazing, it doesn't matter how old you are or if you have kids or not, it's fantastic.  So when The Ink Road debuted a Bluey stamp set, I bought it so fast my computer practically smoked : )

It should not surprise you that I am playing once again in the Paper Players theme challenge:


For reals I want to do animal cards all the time, I love this challenge.  And I used the newest sketch from Try a Sketch on Tuesday:


For the triangular elements in the corners, I had a scrap of Mango Melody DSP that I cut into a 3" square, and then I just cut that from corner to corner to make two triangles.  Bluey and Bingo are colored with an assortment of Stampin' Blends and I added some star accents from a few Halloweens ago just for funsies.  This stamp set has a bunch of fun quotes from the show so I do want to play with it more...but I also have a bunch of new SU! stamps that I haven't played with yet either.  I've been working more on scrapbook pages this week, and also cross stitching some Christmas ornaments for a friend.  I never lack for projects, that's for sure.

Speaking of which, I'm going to pick one to work on now.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Whackadoo from The Ink Road
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Night of Navy, Azure Afternoon, Balmy Blue, naturals, Pumpkin Pie, Ivory
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Balmy Blue, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful stack, Mango Melody DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals, star accents

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

I am laughing to myself, not just at your critters, but the sentiment--so true! The sketch is great too, you've used some fun papers to tie it all together! Glad to accomodate your desire to make animal cards, LOL!

Tanya said...

Oh man, I'm gonna NOT go down that rabbit hole, hahaha! This is SO fun!
We love Bluey around here too. The rest of my house won't watch the next new episode til everyone is in the room to watch, ha. It's a rule.

Cynthia Stevenson said...

So very cute Christy. A great animal antics card. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players.

Dena J said...

Such a FUN card! Love those critters, fabulous color, and a BIG smile for that sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing your project at TSOT.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Oh my, this is so adorable and love all the bright colors and pun sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT. You may want to check out our Sister challenge, Double Trouble "Stash and Trash" as in your card according to your post you have included unused and/or unmatched elements from you stash. And also, check for sure; but I think you also could share your card in a color challenge, ColorMyHeart Color Dare, which may be Colume 3 + pumpkin colors, seem like close match. Hope you check out both challenges.

Polly said...

Oh my goodness... what a cute card! Love the images and the sentiment is so fun! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

Laurie Unger said...

What a great sentiment and goes well with the dogs and their cute expressions. Nice job with the sketch and thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Melanie R said...

What a great card - such a fun sentiment! Love the images and the colors are so cheerful. Thank you for joining us at TSOT 646.

Melissa Grant said...

What a great card and just love these two characters! Very nice use of the sketch and thanks for sharing it with us at TSOT!