Thursday, May 9, 2024

Sweet Sadie Fox

Mornin', y'all!  I had an appointment yesterday morning, so I didn't have as time as I might have liked to work in my craft room, but I am inching closer to having three more scrapbook layouts done and I made a card for today : )


Something like two years ago, maybe more--I just remember I was in Germany--I ordered a few stamps from Whipper Snapper Designs, including this adorable fox, and this is the first time I've inked her up!  This is also my first try at using the brand-new Basic Beige paper, and I discovered that the Ivory Stampin' Blend is pretty much exactly the same color, as in it ends up just barely showing up on the cardstock.  I ended up using some of the natural tones blends for the lighter parts of her fur, and then added highlights with a chalk marker (retired).

I told you I wanted to play along again with the Paper Players challenge:


I could make a card every day for a month and never use the same animal stamps twice, and still have more left over.  I love animal stamps!  I'm glad this challenge finally prompted me to ink up this sweet fox.

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

And the Color Throwdown:


I used Boho Blue, Pecan Pie, and Basic Beige for my colors, with a bit of white and Night of Navy thrown in.  If you want to get super picky, I added a bit of pink to Sadie's ears, and used Mossy Meadow for the grass and leaves.  This is a fun color combination, I like the inspiration pic and now I'm getting hungry.  Is that some kind of apple tart?  Coincidentally, Ryan and I have been playing the game Outfoxed this week, where one of sixteen fox characters steals a pie and the players work together uncovering clues and suspects to deduce who stole the pie.  But sweet Sadie here isn't a thief, right?

That's it for me today and I think I'll go looking through my animal stamps for more fun.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sadie from Whipper Snapper, Country Bouquet
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Stampin' Blends in Pecan Pie, Ivory, natural tones, Pretty in Pink, Mossy Meadow, Boho Blue
Paper:  Boho Blue, Basic Beige, Night of Navy, Countryside Inn DSP
Accessories:  White EP, white sequins

9 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card! That fox is so adorable and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

I love Whippersnapper stamps, I didn't even know they were still around! This little cutie is colored perfectly and I love the little strip of Countryside Inn! Great way to use those colors too! Thanks for playing with my theme challenge again this week at the Players!

Ida said...

Totally adorable card. The fox image is darling. Love how you did all 3 challenges in the one card. Well done.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorably cute card!

Judy Iverson said...

That is such a sweet little stamp. Love your card!

Kim S said...

He's charming! I love him on the beige with the sweet and simple dsp down the side! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

_chevron2 said...

Very creatively done!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This card is total cuteness! This little guy stole my heart! Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week!

Broni said...

This is awesome, Christy!! Love that adorable fox! So glad you joined us this week at the Color Throwdown!!