Friday, May 24, 2024

Sparkly Snapdragons

Mornin' y'all, happy Friday!  Ryan and I will be heading to Waco today with my parents for a promotion ceremony.  I got up and did my workout this morning (okay, it was restorative yoga) but Ryan is still asleep.  Lucky him, 'cause I didn't sleep much.

Anyway, I have a card to share today with NEW stamps!


You totally knew that with a blog named Snapdragon Stamps that I would absolutely get the new Inspiring Snapdragons bundle.  The Snapdragon name actually comes from my high school band director, who was a little obsessed with his garden during my senior year and liked to compare us kids to different plants.  He called me a snapdragon and it's what popped into my head when I was naming my blogs.  (One of the other kids got a skunk cabbage, so I definitely count myself lucky with snapdragon!)

Anyway, I'm glad I got to bust out this new stamp set (and Charming Duck Pond for the sentiment) thanks to this challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


I took my photos after dark last night so the colors aren't coming across as vibrant as they are in real life, and I can't fix them right now because it's so overcast, but I chose the colors Bubble Bath, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sea Foam, and a teensy bit of Berry Burst sponged onto the Bubble Bath flowers.  I'm also entering this card at Shopping Our Stash for the How Does Your Garden Grow challenge.  Paper gardens are the only ones growing around here!


I got a new Wink of Stella pen and you can actually see it in a picture for once!

Here's my kiddo yesterday on the last day of school:


I parked my car and went in to get him, and I was not at all prepared for the literal weeping and wailing I witnessed in the hallways!  I don't remember ever getting that way at the end of school, but it's been a long time since I was in elementary school.  Ryan was not a weeper or a wailer, though he did tell me yesterday morning that he wasn't looking forward to the last day of school because he would miss his teacher.  He was a bit downcast so I took him to Sonic for ice cream.

Okay, I need to go get him up and start getting ready for our road trip today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspiring Snapdragons, Charming Duck Pond
Ink:  Bubble Bath, Berry Burst, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sea Foam
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Soft Sea Foam, A Latte Love DSP
Accessories:  Inspiring Snapdragons dies, Nested Essentials dies, Milky Dots, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This is such a pretty card and I love the Wink of Stella!
Also love hearing the back story of the blog name. :)
And for real- when I picked up my kid a 5th grade class all came out sobbing, and then a 1st grade class did too. What?? One class came out the way you expect- yelling and cheering! My kiddo was so happy to be done she didn't even tell her teacher goodbye. I was also shocked.

dj said...

How does your garden grow? With beautiful snapdragons!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our garden (paper gardens are all we are looking for!! LOL) challenge over at "Shopping Our Stash"
Deb Horst, DT #SOS522

Fiona said...

Great card - thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to play along with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments - enjoy your trip.

Stampin by Genny said...

Ryan is a cutie! Thanks for sharing his last day of school. Your card is lovely! The color combo is so pretty and perfect for your snapdragons. So glad your were inspired to join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin Expressions said...

I loved your snapdragon story and your sweet little guy is so cute! I love the colors you picked for your card and you did a great job with the snapdragon! Perfect for the challenge! Thank you so much for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!