Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Purple Floral Fusion

Hey y'all!  My Tuesday is starting off with a literal bang--we've had severe weather rolling through off and on since last night and it's really been going since about 5:30 this morning.  (Thunder and lightning, very very frightening ME! Not really, I'm not scared of thunderstorms, but I do love me some Queen.)  It seems like it's slacking off a bit now, but it was raining pretty good when I dropped Ryan off at karate camp, I thought I was going to have to blow-dry my hair a second time when I got back to the house.

Anyway, on to today's card.  I still have a handful of brand-new stamp sets that I haven't played with yet, so what did I do yesterday?  I pulled out a set that's been retired for a while and made this:


Wisteria Wishes was a natural choice for the Retro Rubber Challenge:


Isn't that a pretty picture!  When I used to take my doggos for walks in England, we walked past a house that had a big patch of lavender out front and my boy dog would always pee on it, blithely ignoring the bees buzzing all around there.  I kept warning him that he was going to get stung in a very uncomfortable place, but it never happened.  Anyway, our England house also had wisteria growing on the front of the garage and I loved it.  Wisteria Wishes only retired last year (seems like it was longer ago??) but it's been in my stash for about a year and a half so it counts as retro.

I couldn't pass up the Paper Players sketch:


I decided on the Perennial Lavender DSP for my background elements and used Berry Burst as an accent color on the butterflies and the gem embellishments.

I've been scrapping away on pictures from 2021, but after this challenge I wish I had pics printed out from when we visited the lavender fields in Provence in 2022 so I could scrap those.  I'll get around to it one day : )  I am making lots of progress on scrapbook pages so that makes me happy.

It looked like the rain was slacking off but I just saw some more lightning, so I think I might turn off the computer for a while and unplug it just in case there's a lightning strike nearby.  A few weeks ago there was one close to us and while it didn't do anything to my house, my neighbor said it zapped their refrigerator and dryer, and fried the modem of the guy next door to him.  Gotta love spring weather in Texas.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wisteria Wishes, Painted Lavender
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Berry Burst
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Perennial Lavender DSP
Accessories:  Wisteria dies, Painted Lavender dies, Mini Dimensionals, Purple Gems, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Christy - Wisteria Wishes is just perfect for the inspo photo and I love the way you made this the centrepiece of your card. I am in awe of your scrapbooking dedication; I have so many to do and never seem to get around to it! Hoping you were safe from the lightning - a perfect take on our Paper Players sketch this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is gorgeous Christy! I am a huge wisteria lover. I say every year that I will plant some and never do! I love the shades of purple and the gingham checks! You rocked my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Heather said...

Just gorgeous, Christy! This is a set that I let get away, drat it, and I've always been sorry! Love the pretty branches you made - what a fun design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!