Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Reaching Out

Mornin' y'all!  Hope your week is going well.  I'm glad that Ryan is back to watching Miraculous (Ladybug and Cat Noir)...I enjoy that show a lot more than some other ones he watches.  I like to watch this one with him : )

Today's card has nothing to do with ladybugs or cats, though...


I was inspired to dust off this octopus from Sea of Textures thanks to a combination of challenges, starting with Retro Rubber:


Sea of Textures is six years old, so nice and retro for this challenge.  I had this challenge in the back of my mind when I saw the CAS Colours & Sketches color palette:



I stamped the octopus in Lost Lagoon on Pool Party cardstock with some Wink of Stella for sparkle, the sentiment is in Pebbled Path, and the card front is stamped with Pool Party ink on the same color of cardstock.  I thought those colors went well with the Retro nautical theme.

I'm also entering this at the Paper Players challenge:


I'm hoping to play along with this challenge at least once or twice more though, I love animal stamps!  And the pictures on the challenge graphic are so dang cute.

Just a few more minutes and I have to get Ryan ready to go to school.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sea of Textures
Ink:  Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Pebbled Path
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Under the Sea dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Tinsel Gems

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

I used to be creeped out by octopi but now I am fascinated by them! This is so cool....simple yet very effective with that appropriate sentiment! Thanks for playing with my theme challenge this week at the Players!

Heather said...

So cute, Christy - I've always loved this guy! Such a great CAS card for him, too - fabulous! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a great CAS card Christy and your octopus is perfect for the CAS C&S colours. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches and The Paper Players this week!

Rachel D said...

I love how you've used our colours, Christy! That octopus really commands the scene - gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Lol, nothing says reaching out like an octopus! This is darling.
Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players.

Ida said...

Another great animal themed card. I like this one a lot.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful use of the colors and great job combining all the challenges. I love the octopus with this sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

creative lady said...

cute card! love the color. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.