Thursday, May 23, 2024

For Everything

Mornin' y'all!  It's Ryan's last day of school and they're supposed to have a water party so he's dressed in his swimsuit.  Gotta get him out the door in about 20 minutes and then I have to  make the most of the morning because he gets out at 11:55.  On the up side, he has karate camp all of next week for what is basically school hours : )

I have not one, but two cards for today!


Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

And the Color Throwdown:


It says olive, but that color looked more like Wild Wheat to me so that's what I went with, plus Pebbled Path.  I used a blender brush to add just a little Wild Wheat ink to my white cardstock but the white is on there too.  I must be honest, I was not a fan of this color combination; I mean, Wild Wheat is a bit of a hard sell for me in general, and I prefer brighter colors too.  But once I found that Wild Wheat pattern in the Thoughtful Journey DSP stack, and then decided on the Inspirational Sketches stamp set, I ended up with a second card:


I wanted to use the full image of the bird on this one and kept it very simple with the same supplies as the first card.  In fact, both cards use 3" pieces of the DSP so I only have some little scraps of that piece.  I finally cut into the Thoughtful Journey DSP!  : )

Yesterday was game day for Ryan at school, and when I picked him up, he said that one of the other kids had brought in Mexican train dominoes and he had really liked playing that.  My great-grandmother taught my brother and me how to play dominoes (just regular dominoes) when we were kids and I had liked it too, so we went out to Target yesterday and got a set for ourselves:


Don't let the face fool you, we played six rounds of dominoes last night and he loved it : ) He just also likes to make faces in pictures.  Maybe we can talk the hubs into playing dominoes with us when the deployment is over, though happily this is one game that works just fine with just two people.  Ryan and I both love lots of variations of Uno, but that usually works better with more than two people.  So I foresee a lot more rounds of dominoes for the next few weeks.

Okay, time to get the kiddo off to school for his last day.  He's not too excited about it because he likes his teacher so much, but I think the water day will help cheer him up.  Byeee!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspirational Sketches
Ink:  Pebbled Path, Wild Wheat
Paper:  Pebbled Path, Thick Basic White, Thoughtful Journey DSP Stack
Accessories:  Nested Essentials dies, Rustic Metallic Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tanya said...

These cards are great! Those are the same colors I chose for that challenge! :)
Yeay dominos!

Karren said...

Fabulous nature-themed cards and a great job combining challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.