Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Bonsaiiiii

Hey y'all!  How's your October treating you?  The trees are changing colors here and I love it!  I think the weather is punking us though, we had two weekends in a row of dreary, rainy weather, but yesterday and last Friday it was gorgeous.  Harrumph.  Maybe this weekend will be nice so we can get out and enjoy the October-ness.

Anywha, when SU! had that one-day stamp sale last month, of course I had to take advantage of it ; )  And today one of my new stamp sets is having its maiden voyage.


I really liked Treasured Kindness when I first saw it in the catalog last summer, but I haven't seen it used much in blogland.  I did have to stamp my main image twice...I discovered that it works better for me to stamp the green bits first, and then add the tree trunk afterwards.  The first time, I stamped the tree trunk first and I ended up with the leaves kinda levitating above the branches.  But now I know so I'll get it right the first time when I use this stamp set in the future.

Say hello to the Festive Friday challenge:


I had planned to do something farm animal-y but then Treasured Kindness caught my eye, so from the list I used green, die cut, kraft card, and a thank you sentiment.  I also used the sketch from Inspire. Create.:


Just under the wire there to enter my card before the challenge closes.  Thanks for a great sketch!

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Treasured Kindness
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, So Saffron
Paper:  Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Thick Basic White, Pear Pizzazz DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is a very unique and eye catching image, love how you tied all the colors together, and great result for breaking in the new set! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Beautiful card. The image is so striking and handsome. Thank you for stamping along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

This image is so striking. Love it and it is so nice to see a card made with it. Thank you for stamping along with the Festive Friday Challenge

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love your bonsai and the colors you used are perfect. I always admire those who tend their bonsai creations so beautifully and I admire this card, too! So glad you shared it with us at Festive Friday this week
hugs
jaydee