Friday, October 21, 2022

Changing Leaves

Surprise bonus post this afternoon!  There's a challenge closing today and I just *had* to get a card made for it.  So here's my card:


Once again I'm pulling out some older stamps to play with!  I wanted to have another go at the Color Throwdown, without so much black this time:


I still used Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive, but added just a little Chocolate Chip for a neutral this time.

Since I used older stamps, I'm going to enter this at the Retro Rubber Challenge:


I love that greeting stamp from Beauty of Tomorrow; it's just one year old, but the Best of Autumn leaf has been in my collection for 9 years so it's quite retro.

And here's the challenge that is closing today, the Sunday Stamps sketch:


I rotated the sketch to the left 90 degrees because I just liked the spacing better for my sentiment that way.  It's very simple stamping and kind of on the CAS side but I think I like it!

ETA:  Oh silly me, I misread the challenge--it closes next Friday.  Well, I wanted to get a card done for it anyway!

Hope you're having a good Friday afternoon, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best of Autumn, Beauty of Tomorrow
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Banners Collection Framelits, Chocolate Chip polytwill ribbon, Dimensionals

4 comments:

dj said...

Fantastic fall card with an awesome sentiment!! Glad you picked our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps as your inspiration...super cool that you flipped it!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful take on this week's sketch! I love this sentiment. Beautiful job!! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Heather said...

LOVE this, Christy - I so loved this sentiment, how perfect it is for ALL the challenges - great colors! Your leaf details are splendid! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber AND Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Christy, this is a terrific take on the sketch. I can see why you've kept that sentiment stamp, it's definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sunday Stamps!