Sunday, October 2, 2022

Seasonal Gnomes for the Paper Players

Happy Sunday, y'all!  We just finished a lovely Sunday breakfast of pumpkin waffles, which my husband (who says he's not really into all that pumpkin stuff) said he might like better than the plain waffles we do with strawberries on top.  Guess that recipe is a keeper!

And today it's time for another new challenge from the Paper Players!


Great theme and isn't that a wonderful graphic for Joanne's challenge?  At first I was trying to figure out how to incorporate all four seasons into one card, maybe doing something with four rectangles like the graphic, but in the end I decided to simplify a bit and just do autumn and winter.  Here's what I made:


I started with the Rings of Love DSP from the recent Sale-a-Bration, choosing one pattern for autumn and one for winter.  Then I colored my gnomes to coordinate with the papers--they both have Soft Succulent trousers but all the other colors are different.  I rustled up that sentiment from the very old and long-retired Season of Friendship stamp set, isn't it perfect with the seasonal gnomes?

Hope you'll hop on the Paper Players blog and upload your own changing seasons card.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Kindest Gnomes, Season of Friendship
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Evening Evergreen, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Soft Suede, Soft Succulent, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Petal Pink, Neutrals
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, Thick Basic White, Rings of Love DSP
Accessories:  Gnomes dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

8 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, those gnomes are too cute with the fall background! Great job with the challenge. Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

Very clever! Two of my favorite papers from Rings of Love and I love how the gnomes and sentiment tie it all together! Cute!

laurie said...

One can never go wrong with gnomes...cute card !!

Tanya said...

Okay, this is SO pretty! The paper totally works together. I missed the thin line between the DP and thought it was one sheet I couldn't remember. Nice work!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so FUN! I love your little gnomes and the beautiful mix of patterns. I agree with this sentiment! Great take on the theme!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your thought process on this one and the autumn-winter theme with your co-ordinating paper and gnomies! Fabulous!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Christy! What a clever, clever idea! It shows the changing of the seasons perfectly. I LOVE the gnomes!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love how you mixed the patterns and color coordinated your little gnomes. This is such a fun card!