Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween! 2012

Happy Halloween, y'all!  We'll be taking Ryan out tonight to go trick-or-treating with his cousins.  But first, I have a scrapbook layout from Halloween past to share!


Here's my furbabies dressed up for Halloween.  These costumes were pretty hilarious, even if the "riders" wouldn't stand up right--Sadie was the steed for the Headless Horseman, while Vader's rider was a pretty pretty princess.  The hubs thought I got them backwards, but personality-wise this was 100% correct : )  You can see the original pictures here.  I just put this layout together last week and what took the longest was choosing the colors and where each one was going to go.  What ended up deciding things was the haunted house pattern on the lower left--once I'd chosen that, I settled quickly on an Old Olive page base and small accents of Pumpkin Pie and Highland Heather.  Though I suppose I could have done Highland Heather for the page base.  Ehh.


Today's color palette:  Old Olive, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather, and Whisper White, plus a bit of Basic Gray/Smoky Slate if you want to get picky about it.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cutest Halloween, Wonderfully Wicked
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Old Olive, Basic Black, Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie, Thick Basic White, Cute Halloween DSP Stack, Ghostly Greetings DSP
Accessories:  Halloween punch, Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched Shapes dies



And now for Halloween present:


Marshall is all fired up!  His school is doing a storybook characters parade today, so they're allowed to dress in costume and bring a book featuring their storybook character.  Happily he has *lots* of Paw Patrol books from which to choose : )  The costume has a little Pup Pack velcroed to his back AND it has a tail--Ryan was very excited to show me how he can waggle the tail.  Meanwhile I'm wearing purple sweats and I have a purple top hat, so I will be a very comfy Mayor Humdinger and it will be 100% in character for me to steal all of Marshall's candy!  Hey, dogs shouldn't have chocolate anyway, right?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Fun page and I love the Paw Patrol theme! Way to be included! :)