Sunday, October 16, 2022

The Paper Players are Wheelie Great

Happy Sunday, y'all, and welcome to another fabulous Paper Players challenge!  This week we have a great CAS theme challenge from LeAnne:


Now, I've been a stamper for...*checks math*...about eighteen years now and I am a stamping DRAGON who almost never gets rid of old stamps or patterned paper, and the challenge graphic reminded me of one of my stamp sets from way back when.  So I dusted it off (didn't have to dig it out of anywhere, my stamp sets are organized alphabetically on bookshelves #nerd) and made a new card with it for the first time in years.  Lookie:


If you're a longtime Stampin' Up! enthusiast, you might recognize Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories, which I used here.  Gotta say, I love using my Stampin' Blends to color in the images from older stamp sets like this one and Best Fiends that I used last week.  I intentionally colored this one to match the challenge graphic.  Ryan was asking yesterday to buy pumpkins so we can carve jack-o'-lanterns, but I think we're going to wait until closer to Halloween.  It's another rainy weekend so I don't know if we'll get to go to a pumpkin patch or just buy them at the grocery store.

Anyway, hope you'll carve out a bit of time to participate in the challenge and upload your CAS card creation over at the Paper Players blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Pool Party, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Petal Pink, neutrals
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Basic White, Mango Melody DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

7 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, I love your card! I could kick myself that I sold that set cuz it's just too cute! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

How FUN! I would love to take a drive in this turquoise pick up! She sure has a lot of pumpkins to decorate! Great idea for this challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Woo hoo! Loads of Love was one of my faves from back in the day! It was the perfect choice for today's challenge. This card is amazing. I absolutely LOVE it! Have a wonderful week, Christy!

LeAnne said...

I DO recognize that stamp and it is perfect for my challenge! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! What a fun walk down memory lane!

laurie said...

Cute fall card...love the plaid!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

It's so good to be able to give old stamp sets new love with fresh colour Christie - this little pumpkin-filled truck is lovely and just like the inspo photo! I have tons of old stamps, but alas all in boxes - I'm thinking your shelving system must be impressive lol!

Cindy Beach said...

WOW! It's so great seeing Loads of Love in our gallery this week. I miss that super fun set! Your card is fresh and fun. I admire your organizing skills too!