Tuesday, October 25, 2022

SUO Challenges: Color My World

Good morning, y'all!  It's time for a new challenge at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges!


This time it's a technique challenge and I think you're gonna like it:  coloring!  You've got some options here, you could do Stampin' Blends, the regular markers, watercolor pencils...hey, I think watercoloring would count too ; )  I decided to take a break from Halloween cards (whaaaaat) and instead went for All Bundled Up from the holiday catalog.  Take a look:

I chose that pink snowflake pattern from the Celebrate Everything DSP Stack, which gave me Polished Pink as a starting point.  I chose Tahitian Tide and Granny Apple Green for complementary colors and then neutrals for these two woodland pals.  Normally I seriously dislike brown and gray together, but I think it works for these two.  (And I still think that moose looks like my brother!)

I've been practicing a lot with my Blends of late.  When I first got alcohol markers, I tried laying down the lightest color first and then using the darker Blend for shading, but I always ended up with harsh lines around the shadows.  Now I do it in reverse:  I put in the darker areas and then lay down the base layer of the lighter shade, which lets me blend the colors together better.  I think I saw a video somewhere where they did the dark color first, but I don't remember when or where I saw it.

Hope you'll join us for this challenge and upload your card at the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  All Bundled Up, Yeti to Party
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tahitian Tide, Stampin' Blends in Tahitian Tide, Granny Apple Green, Polished Pink, Gray Granite, various neutrals
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Tahitian Tide, Thick Basic White, Celebrate Everything DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Yeti dies, Dimensionals, In Color gem

No comments: