Thursday, October 13, 2022

Squirrel Girl Greetings

Hey y'all!  I didn't get quite as much done in my craft room yesterday as I wanted to (I will forever have more things that I want to do in there, I will never run out of projects) but I did get a few cards made and I did six loads of laundry, so I did get some things done.  Even put up all the laundry and made the bed!

So, card for today!


I just love this squirrelly stamp set : )  Kinda wish it had dies but it's not that hard to fussy cut, either.  I was hunting through my embellishments for something to put on a different card and I found the champagne rhinestones, which I thought were perfect for this card.  Yay!

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I really like this one.  Simple, but lots of scope for imagination as Anne Shirley would say.  As per usual, I paired it with the Color Throwdown:


I think that pretty inspiration pic left me with acorns on the brain because I just couldn't do anything other than the acorn-holding squirrel for my card.  I busted out some long-retired colors here:  Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, and still-current Soft Suede.  The square behind the squirrel is white cardstock and I used a blending brush to brush on a bit of More Mustard ink so the white bits on the squirrel would stand out better.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!  I will be busy at work today by the time you read this.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nuts About Squirrels
Ink:  More Mustard, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, VersaMark
Paper:  More Mustard, Soft Suede, Thick Basic White, Not Quite Navy DSP
Accessories:  white EP, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Champagne Rhinestones

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love the colours and that fun squirrel! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

Just adorable!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Love how you used those colors!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this sweet squirrel! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.