Tuesday, October 18, 2022

The Perfect Place to Be

Guess what, chickens?  Today is our 19th wedding anniversary.  Happy anniversary to the hubs, who puts up with a lot from me and still loves me anyway.  I made a quick anniversary card to sneak into his car this morning:


Over the past 19 years, the hubs and I have lived in four different states and three different countries (...I think), so this sentiment seemed particularly apt for us.  I'll be entering this at the Festive Friday challenge:


Yes, I managed to take a Halloween-inspired challenge and make a non-Halloween card!  (Fear not, I'll be back to spooky season shenanigans tomorrow!)  For today's card, I included the moon, stars, black, and silhouette.  You'll have to squint to see the stars though, they barely show up even in person. I stamped the main silhouette and embossed with shimmery black embossing powder (seriously, why was this available for such a short time, it's awesome), used blending brushes to add the background (our wedding colors were royal blue and royal purple, I decided to go with a more pastel version for this card), and then stamped the stars in the background and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I expected the stars to show up a little darker even though they're tiny, but they turned out to be tough to see.  So that's when I added the moon.


And book-loving me also loved this stamp from One In a Million, so I had to use it for the inside of the card.

One more picture that shows the sparkle a bit more, and you can see the reflection of the teeny tiny stars if you look closely.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Silhouette Scenes, So Many Stars, One In a Million
Ink:  Versamark, Starry Sky, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Starry Sky, Thick Basic White, Balmy Blue DSP, glimmer paper
Accessories:  Shimmery Black EP, Clear EP, non-SU punch for the moon, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is my favorite stamp couple EVER. I love them!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This stamp and sentiment is a favourite of mine and just perfect to celebrate your anniversary. I love the sparkle and shine on your card - and those teeny tiny stars are awesome! Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday this week!

Beth McCullough said...

Happy Anniversary!! I bet your husband loved it! Love your card with all the perfect details- stitching, blended background, sparkle and more! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Melva Peters said...

Love your card! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday Challenges.

Jaydee said...

Congratulations on your 19th! I bet he loved finding this in the car on the day. I also love the mix of blue and pink - it seems just perfect for an anniversary card. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee