Thursday, February 1, 2024

Wizard in Blue

Mornin' y'all!  Wellllll I just discovered that Stampin' Up! started a preorder period today for the next batch of online exclusives and yeah I just got myself into trouble the next time the hubs checks our checking account ; )  Also there are now a few more choices for Sale-a-Bration rewards so go check that out!

Time for today's card, and I'm bringing back a retired stamp set today.


NONE SHALL PASS.  Or is he saying HARRY DID YA PUT YA NAME IN THE GOBLET A FIYAAH?? I make myself laugh, at any rate, that's the important thing.  How cool is that wizard in his blue robe and hat?  I'm participating in a couple of challenges today, starting with Retro Rubber:


The stars are ombre and I colored in his robes in an ombre pattern and okay the Tahitian Tide maybe isn't *quite* the same as sky blue but I was working with the colors in the DSP.  Umm hello Stargazing DSP!  This is the first time I've cut into it and isn't it perfect for the wizard!  The polka dot pattern is from the retired Tea Boutique DSP Stack (I needed some Tahitian Tide for the horizontal strip) and the stars are from the current Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack and I just ordered a second pack of it because I've had so much fun with it.  Anyway, my stamp set is Magical Day, which debuted six years ago, and this is only the second time I've used the wizard.  I put the sentiment on the inside of the card (it says "Have a magical day!").

I must admit that the Cupcake Inspirations challenge dictated my choice of stamp set:


Wizards definitely belong in fairy tales.  This challenge had been percolating in my brain for a few days and then the Retro Rubber challenge popped up and that's what made me choose the wizard over the dragon or the unicorn.  And check out the fun sketch from Inspire. Create.:


I had a lot of fun combining the three sets of patterned papers I used on my card.  And the embellishments are the retired Fine Adhesive Sparkle Gems from last year, they're supposedly Pacific Point but I thought they looked right at home with all the blues on my card.

Okay!  I think I need another cuppa tea and then I have to go take my car in for repairs today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Day
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Night of Navy, Blueberry Bushel, Tahitian Tide, Smoky Slate, Natural Tones
Paper:  Night of Navy, Tahitian Tide, Thick Basic White, Stargazing DSP, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Magical Mates dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Fine Adhesive Sparkle Gems, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Heather said...

Oh dang, Christy, this is brilliant! LOVE this guy's robe, and the starry is just right - he could be saying either of those things! For reals! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Tanya said...

I love that Magical Day set AND your paper! Looks fantastic!!
And I have used him as both, ha! :)

Helen said...

Great design - love the papers you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Nora Noll said...

What a STUNNING card. I love the blue. All the patterns you used are amazing. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Sasha said...

I love the colours of your card! Fits the fairy tale theme perfectly. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Suzanne said...

Christy, What a magical card. That little wizard is fabulous. I love how you used the sketch. Thanks for taking part in the Inspire.Create.Challenges.

Tammy said...

This is so well put together--all the elements are so magical!! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Inspire.Create!!

I, too, had some fun with the preorder--can't wait to get it!!

creative lady said...

Love your background! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Love the layering used to create your ombre! And that amazing wizard!! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT