Thursday, April 29, 2021

CAS Doesn't Mean Quick

Have you ever had a project that just WOULD NOT COOPERATE for anything?  That was today's card.  I worked on it for a solid hour and then decided to toss everything I had done and start it all over.  I was trying to do the multi-step stamping for the flowers from All Things Fabulous and no matter what I did I couldn't get the images to turn out how I wanted.  So then I had a look through my stamp sets and decided to use Free as a Bird instead, even with having to fussy cut the images.

So here's the card that I finally ended up with:

 
I was going to say it's the cause of all the frustration, but THAT card is in the trash.  Other than thinking I shouldn't have had the dots go through the middle of the circle element, I like what I ended up with but good GRAVY was it a journey to get here.  I'm telling you:  CAS doesn't mean quick.  Or easy.  Sometimes it's harder than a card with a bunch of layers and fancy techniques.

Here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:



And the Color Throwdown:


I used Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove, and Just Jade for my colors, with some Cinnamon Cider thrown in because I love it.  So the flowers are pink (Flamingo) and the dots in the background are orangey/coral (Grapefruit Grove).  Couldn't get a photo to show the difference in the colors better, but if you look you CAN actually see the Wink of Stella on the flowers.

I think I need a nap since I had the second Covid vaccine this morning...but I have to go pick Ryan up in 15 minutes.  At least I have all day tomorrow off...cheers y'all, and I hope your creative time is less frustrating than mine was!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Free as a Bird, Comfort & Hope, Waterfront
Ink:  Cinnamon Cider, Grapefruit Grove, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Flirty Flamingo, Just Jade, & Cinnamon Cider
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Wink of Stella, Dimensional (yeah, just one)

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is such a lovely CAS design so I'm glad you persevered and hung in there with your card! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Jen Mitchell said...

Totally agree. Clean and simple often means "it takes forever!" But your perseverance paid off because this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!