Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday Flashback: Absolutely Fabulous

Okay y'all, let's get real.  I have a very (....VERY) large collection of stamps from Stampin' Up.  I mean, I've been stamping for over fifteen years now, and I almost never get rid of stamp sets.  I do use a lot of retired sets on my scrapbook pages, but the vast majority of my stamp sets basically collect dust.  Soooo I'm going to bring back the Friday Flashback I used to do.  Except it might not be posted on Fridays, just when I feel like it.  And I'm going through my stamp sets alphabetically (ish); sometimes more than one stamp set lives in a stamp case, so I reserve the right to go out of order if I want to because this is my personal challenge and I can do what I want.  I've already found some that aren't in my personal stamp catalog and I'm making notes about which stamp sets have coordinating punches or dies.  This is going to be a massive and ongoing project.

My main goal here is to make at least one card with each and every stamp set I own.  My secondary goal is to use up some of my DSP hoard; I have a ridiculously large stash of paper (no surprise), and I tend not to use the 6x6 paper stacks on my scrapbook pages, so that drawer in particular needs to get thinned out.  I'm just going to make whatever I feel like when I look at the stamp set; I might make just one card or maybe I'll make several.  They'll probably be on the CAS side, and I'm going to try to keep this low-key and fun for me or I'll never finish ;)  So the fewer rules I impose on myself, the better.  I might pair stamp sets for Flashback posts (especially if I have one that's all images and one that's all sentiments) or maybe, like today, it will be just one stamp set.

So the very first stamp set in my stash (alphabetically, at least) is Absolutely Fabulous, and I think I found the perfect DSP stack to pair with it:


I love the Best Dressed stack.  It's got florals on one side, and the other has a lot of super-girly patterns like the ones with makeup or shoes and stuff.  I think I've only ever used the floral sides but I loved the makeup pattern for this sentiment :)  I only used a little strip off each piece of paper, so I turned all three over and took a look at the floral patterns, and decided to make cards with the other three sentiments in the set too.


There are 8 stamps, so you could easily split the sentiment and put the first part on the card front and the second part inside; I just decided to pair them all up on the card fronts.  I still have scraps from those three pieces of DSP but I didn't feel like making any more cards with this stamp set, so I stopped at four.  I have a feeling that my card stash is going to have a growth spurt soon ;)  If you want to see other cards I've made with this stamp set, look where it says "Labels" at the bottom of this post and click on Absolutely Fabulous.  I figure that's easier than me making long posts with zillions of pictures of old cards, right?  Right.

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Absolutely Fabulous
Ink:  Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Petal Pink, Whisper White (on the inside), Best Dressed DSP stack
Accessories:  Tasteful Labels dies

Supplies, card trio:
Stamps:  Absolutely Fabulous
Ink:  Lovely Lipstick, Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive
Paper:  Lovely Lipstick, Purple Posy, Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Tasteful Labels dies, Painted Labels dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

That is a very good idea. I'm at 17 years...
The girly card is SO much fun, and I love all three of those floral prints! Way to use your stuff!!