Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Flowering Cactus Fun

Hey y'all!  How's it going today?  I have two fun cards to share :)  Last week, I brought in a stack of cards I'd made to show my coworkers at the arts & crafts center, and both of them loved the Flowering Cactus card I made for a Fusion challenge.  They asked if I could make more and I'm always happy to play with the Flowering Cactus suite!  I didn't want to just make the exact same card over again, so I just played around until I made two cards I liked.


Faith said both her sister and her bestie love cactus, and they've got birthdays coming up, so she's getting the original card I made but I added a birthday sentiment to the inside of the card.  She liked the "rare find" sentiment on the front, so I kept that on this card too, and I stamped the same birthday sentiment on the inside of this one:


In fact, the only bits I stamped on either of these cards are the sentiments.  All the cactus and flower images were die cut out of the matching paper, which made these super quick and easy to put together!  So here's the card I made for Amy's niece, who also has a birthday coming up:


Amy requested something different than the "rare find" sentiment on the front because she thought that would be odd on a card for her niece, so I chose this "happy looks good on you" instead.  I love the font used in this stamp set, too.  Also, if you don't have the Stitched Shapes dies yet, snatch them up now if they're still available!  This is probably my most frequently used set of dies EVER and they can pry them from my cold, dead hands because I love them so.  Anyway, same birthday sentiment on the inside of this card too:


I will have to thank Amy and Faith for giving me an excuse to play around with Flowering Cactus some more, I love it so much!  I've loved every card I've made with this suite.  I may have to get an extra refill pack of that gorgeous paper...ignoring the fact that I have a giant stash of paper already....

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Highland Heather, Mossy Meadow, Thick Basic White, Flowering Cactus DSP Stack
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Hippo & Friends dies, Dimensionals

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow, Thick Basic White, Flowering Cactus DSP Stack
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tanya said...

These are fantastic! I love the pop of purple in this medley, too!